A busy, high-volume print shop needs a printer that can deliver quality output at high speeds. Meet the new EJ-640 large-format color printer. With dual staggered print heads and a rigid new industrial design, productivity and quality are built in. So are big-time savings. The EJ-640 runs with new Roland DG EJ INK that costs up to 35% less than the competition. The result? High-volume, low-maintenance printing and bold, exciting colors with higher profit margins.
More than a job, it’s your reputation coming out of that printer. Which is precisely why the EJ-640 large format color printer is designed to ensure quality results even at high speeds:
· Dual eight-channel Piezo inkjet heads house 180 nozzles per channel
· Offset-positioned print heads move in a large print swath for increased production and follow a mirrored pattern to reduce the chance of banding
· Advanced media feed allows media to feed through the printer accurately at high speeds
· Rigid industrial design ensures quality output
· Patent-pending Roland Intelligent Pass Control system controls dot placement between passes, producing exceptional solid colors and photographic image quality
· Variable dot control achieves smooth gradations and deep image saturation on a broad range of media
New, specially formulated, quick-drying EJ INK produces amazingly brilliant colors. The inks also provide unmatched long-term outdoor durability, scratch and chemical resistance, broad media support and a wide spectrum of color. And the available 1-Liter cartridges allow the EJ to run without frequent cartridge changes. Need more? Configurable to dual-CMYK or CMYKLcLmLk for finer details, smoother gradations and more neutral grays (made possible with Light Black ink).
The EJ-640 dries prints quickly – even in high-speed mode – for immediate finishing, installation or collection by the take-up system.The integrated tri-heater system features:
· Pre-heater to improve media receptiveness
· Print heater to accelerate ink fastness and brightness
· Dryer to accelerate drying and ensure greater productivity and scratch resistance
· An included dryer/blower unit evenly dries large prints and enhances image saturation at high speed.
A revamped RIP, VersaWorks Dual – included with the EJ-640 – features a new core engine for better file processing, including files with transparencies, plus the advanced and ease-of-use capabilities that have always made VersaWorks, well, VersaWorks.
· Predictive Ink Calculator
· Spot Color Replacement
· Built-in Pantone® and Roland Color spot color libraries
· Variable data printing
· Embedded ICC support ink level adjustment tools
· Advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options
The Roland Profile Center makes it easier than ever to locate and download profiles from Roland and other major media profile providers.
Owning an intelligent Roland inkjet has its perks, like sharing information remotely. The Predictive Ink Calculator in VersaWorks lets you monitor ink supply for the print jobs you’ve posted to the queue, while Roland OnSupport emails you to let you know when a job is completed or ink is running low.
|Printing technology||Piezoelectric inkjet|
|Media||Width||10.2 to 64 in. (259 to 1625 mm)|
|Thickness||Maximum 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner|
|Roll diameter||Maximum 8.3 in (210 mm)|
|Roll weight||88 lbs (40 kg)|
|Core diameter *1||3 in (76.2 mm) or 2 in (50.8 mm)|
|Printing Width *2||Max. 63.6 in. (1615 mm)|
|Ink cartridges||Type||Roland DG EJ INK|
|Print resolution||Dots per in||Maximum 1,440 dpi|
*1 The media holder of this machine is exclusively for media with a paper tube core inner diameter of 3 inches. To use a 2 inch media core, please use the optionally available media flanges.
*2 all speeds Bi-Directional. The length of printing is subject to the limitations of the program.